- Results-driven Project Management professional with significant, progressive experience and expertise.
- Creative and strategic visionary with the savvy to ensure that project deliverables are quickly brought to market.
- Strong team leader with the proven managerial experience & skills to lead multidisciplinary teams and ensure productivity and morale in high-pressure situations.
- Deep-rooted experience in the Software Development Life Cycle & processes.
- Proven expertise in hardware systems and projects.
- Skilled problem-solver with exceptional commitment to quality, communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
Over 30 years’ experience in Project Management and Software QA/Testing Management, from 3 person Build and Server Test teams to 30+ member teams in multiple countries including outsourcing. My teams have launched or shipped over 130 projects/products.
I accomplished this by being excellent at: Communications – Process Execution – Solid KPI’s – Documentation – Forecasting, Budgeting & Budget Tracking – Change Control – Flexible & Adaptive – Team Building – Exceptional People Skills
From Project Kickoff to Close-Out, I present the team with the big picture and keep them focused on the details.
December/2010 – Present – DNA Guide – Agile Project Manager
- Project Manager for distributed Development Team using Scrum and the Scrum Framework
- Specified, deployed and maintained Amazon Web Services for projects.
- Manage to tight, start-up budgets.
July/2010 – December/2010 – OneRoof, Inc., San Francisco Agile Project Manager
- Start-up in the Cyber Cafe space, with the mission of bridging the digital divide in the 3rd world
- Focusing on Ad’s and Google Ad Sense as revenue model allowing company to give away the software
- Executive Referee for CEO and VP of Engineering
- Brought Agile (via SCRUM) processes to OneRoof
- Took team from ad-hock product delivery schedule (sometimes weeks sometimes months) to once a week
- OneRoof has a mixture of Web based and Desktop based products utilizing many different technologies from Visual Basic to J2EE
- Production deployments are all on VMWare instances
2007-2010 – Stock Options Trader & Web Designer-Developer
- Trading Stock Options
- Web Design and Development
- Member of distributed Lean Start-up Evaluation Team
[1996-2007 – Autodesk; San Rafael, California]
2002-2007 – IT Project Manager
- Worked with every Group, Division and over 50 of the 110 world-wide locations of Autodesk’s Back Office, Development and IT groups to help identify, define, specify, purchase, setup and manage their software & hardware projects
- Typical project load was 10-15 active projects in 5-10 countries
- Wrote or Facilitated the creation of Project Plans and Schedules
- Lead meetings, tracked budgets, produced reports and communicated status up and down the food chain
- Scrum Master for Agile based projects
2000-2002 – Engineering Manager Location Based Services
- Manager of Build & Release, Development & Deployment Tools & Server Test Farms
- Agile Evangelist within the Location Services division. Focusing on Scrum and served as Scrum Master on many projects.
- Team developed J2EE wireless projects for service providers like Verizon, Sprint and AT&T.
- Project managed all internal LBS Build & Server projects for the Engineering Team.
- Created my 3rd and largest Server Testing and Client compatibility lab at Autodesk.
- Wrote Build Plans and Schedules
1997-2000 – Senior QA Manager GIS Division
- Managed 30+ people in QA and Build & Release teams in South Africa, Canada and California
- working on AutoCAD based applications and the web/server suite of applications, “Map Guide”
- Created my 2nd testing and compatibility lab at Autodesk
- I inherited a large flat team and spent my first 2 months evaluating the team members and them put in a management structure that held until the company split the division into 2 groups in 2000
1996-1997 – QA Manager AEC Division
- Created, staffed and trained the first Quality and Testing Team and Test Lab for the Autodesk AEC Division (Architectural, Electrical, Civil)
- Successful testing of the first Faceted Modeler to be included in AutoCAD
- Shipped the first AutoCAD based product for the AEC (AutoCAD AEC)
- I then successfully transferred the entire team and myself to the GIS Division when a major acquisition was completed
- Wrote Test Plans, Cases and Schedules
1991-1996 – Symantec – QA Manager; Novato, California
- Managed Quality Assurance Engineers on key projects for the Project Management division (TimeLine) of Symantec. Wrote Test Plans, Cases and Schedules
- Quality Assurance Analyst and Engineer on multiple releases of TimeLine and TimeLine related products
- Created, staffed and trained first Technical and Customer Support Team for the new Symantec spin-off company TimeLine
- Spent 5-1/2 years immersed in Project Management Software, Process and Methodology
Scrum, Microsoft Project, OmniPlan, BaseCamp, TeamBox, Pivotal Tracker, personal GTD tools, Hardware Platforms: many, Operating Systems: many, Mac, Windows, Linux, BSD Development Environments, Windows/Linux/Unix/Solaris/BSD CLI Tools, Many types of PM & QA Documentation, PM Methodologies, Development Methodologies, Web Load Tools, Mind Mapping, Swim-Lane Charts, White-board with Post-it Notes, 3×5 Story Cards…